Monday, August 02, 2004

Zell Miller on Meet the Press

I was watching Meet The Press on NBC yesterday, and Zell Miller, the democrat from Georgia who is supporting George Bush, was there.

One of the things he said was we are safer now, because the terrorists are concentrating on Iraq, and we would rather have them there, than attacking us in the streets of the US.

That's saying we are glad there is a mess over there. Did anyone argue that when suggesting we go to war? Or are they willing to admit that was part of the plan? If we had avoided a mess over there - which we assumed was part of the plan - would we still be safer?

The other complaint I had about the interview is that the reporters - Tim Russert in this case, who I like generally - the reporters never ask all the question I want answered. For one, I would have liked to ask Zell Miller "aren't there lots of things you disagree with George Bush about?" I would have liked to have heard his answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home